Sunday, July 5, 2009

slogging along



It's been a while. 4th of July weekend offered enough wind down time I actually made it out into the garage. Spent a little time over the last few weeks getting a bike squared away for a work buddy that needed an abusable beginners bike. (It was the black bike with gold panels in previous pics). With that gone I got a little head of steam going and wanted to dive into Ben's bike. The above pic shows where it is now. Got the front brake stay installed, ran tach and speedo cables. Did a little cursing when I discovered I forgot to order the front brake cable, got foam installed on the seat pan, installed the seat and body work to check fit. Since this pic was taken I have also installed the rear brake pedal and rod. Was missing a small piece of hardware for that task, so will make one at work this week. (Lucky I work in a machine shop). Also installed the rear fender and then hung the tail light to get an idea of how things will look. When installing the fender I realized I was missing a part. This little guy...part 4 in the diagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment